Sunday, June 5, 2011

What a great day for creating a baby basket..

 Today my sister and I spent the day with our sewing machines on the screened-in porch enjoying the breeze and music and each others' company. This is what I made this weekend.


 Lilo has a new basket carrier. It's a perfect fit for her, but she can't grow an inch! I had so much fun making this basket. The fabric is seersucker and so colorful.
 I used 3 different prints...one with rainbow colored hearts, one with stripes, and the other with rainbow colored butterflies. There is also a matching mattress that is removable and reversible that is stuffed .

 Here you can see the inside of the basket and the matching reversible blanket.
 This basket is larger and fits the Newborn size Dinky Baby just perfect which  is 11inches long.

 Here is the diaper bag I made, complete with a pillow, and it opens to a changing mat. The handle is sewn on one side of the grommet and the other is velcroed  so it can break away for child safety. This was a pattern created by Vicki Riley as well as the basket patterns for the Dinky Baby dolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment