Saturday, June 18, 2011

Idea to patent

I am so excited about the prayer pocket heart on my dolls. I thought "OH I don't need to patent this idea. It would be a blessing if all dolls had this." Then my sister points out that if Mattel gets a hold of the idea and gets it patented then I can't use it. So, I have started the copywrite in motion. It is disheartening that good things can turn bad in spite of ones intent. I guess it goes to show you must be specific in your intent and protect against the negative. Lawyers...the epitome of positive and negative.

1 comment:

  1. It is a good idea and good luck with the patenting process. I look forward to seeing more of your work! YAY! Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment! Zizula is hanging near me and she does give me great joy! I love dolls...lol

    hugz
    Pam

    ReplyDelete