Sunday, March 20, 2011

My second doll..

Ok, this is way too much fun! Creativity is definitely an expression of control and freedom combined. You decide the color, shape, medium, texture, size, form, expression, and impression. Because it brings joy to yourself, who can say its wrong. As long as you do it for yourself it will always bring you joy. If you do it for others...its a crap shoot. This is my attempt to use a different pattern , different fabric, different size, different color, different expression, and leave a different impression. I learned alot with this doll. Next time sculpt first, embroider second, but always try something new so I can learn something new.

2 comments:

  1. I love your process, Aunt Joy. I love how game and open you are to it, and I love that you're sharing it with us. Stephie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right on target with insight about control and freedom, and especially about doing it for yourself. I'm glad you've found yet another artistic venue. Looking forwared to you posting some of your quilts.

    ReplyDelete